i can't wait just like you can't wait / until we're out past familiar gates / those seven words shook the life back in / so let's just run 'til we lose our breath.

a psalm for today.

Posted: Aug 10, 2010 | Posted by marcy |

recently, someone said to me "you've known a lot of people who have died."

well, yeah. when you know a lot of people, those are the unfortunate odds. at some point, you are bound to know a lot of people who have passed.

sunday evening, news spread that someone who i have known since grade school had passed away. at the age of 29. TWENTY NINE. it seems impossible and it is most certainly unfair. impossible. unfair.

and then my mom sent me this:

Teach us to number our days and recognize how few they are and help us to spend them as we should.
~ Psalm 90:12

and it's true.

so make today super awesome.

ready, go.

3 comments:

  1. Angie said...
  2. I LOVED this post, and psalm, and I'm sorry for your loss. So very young. Going to take your advice! Mwwahh!

  3. Anonymous said...
  4. My dad called me yesterday with the same sad news...I am sorry Marcy. I love your momma for sending you that (and because I just love Betsy)

    CT

  5. marcy said...
  6. It's just the most awful thing ever! And yes, Betsy is full of wisdom....we love us some Betsy!

Post a Comment