i can't wait just like you can't wait / until we're out past familiar gates / those seven words shook the life back in / so let's just run 'til we lose our breath.

you get an a.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 | Posted by marcy | Labels: , ,

photo

when did the hampton inn become nice? or has it always been nice and i just didn’t realize it?

hampton inn gets a thumbs up. two thumbs up even.

three, if i had three thumbs.

so far, i’ve inhabited 3 or 4 on this journey. each room a bit better than the one before.

this morning i was so comfortable in my over-sized king bed with the amazing sheets that i am sure were brand-new-never-been-used-just-out-of-the-packaging-no-one-has-ever-touched-these-sheets-before-me. it was pitch black dark (thank you, heavy curtains that i want in my own real life bedroom like as soon as i get back home. whenever that may be) in a way that probably feels natural to bats.

i had to drag myself from the bed. not at all because i was tired. in fact, i woke up well before my alarm. but because i am in l.o.v.e. with this bed.

which has never been slept in before me.

don’t tell me otherwise.

off to chicago.

off to another hampton inn.

(p.s. indianapolis has a make-your-own waffle machine thingy . . . bonus points)

1 comments:

  1. Angie said...
  2. Ha ha! I've stayed in a couple nice ones too, and a couple not so nice ones. It depends where they are...and how long they've been there. I'm very jealous you slept in a brand spankin' new hotel bed & bedding. That's sure to probably never.happen.again.

Post a Comment