i can't wait just like you can't wait / until we're out past familiar gates / those seven words shook the life back in / so let's just run 'til we lose our breath.

karma police.

Posted: Dec 22, 2010 | Posted by marcy | Labels:

and for a minute there, i lost myself, i lost myself . . .

and then i found this:




2 kalik beers and a puppy in a chair.

the kalik makes things good. the puppy in the chair makes everything right in the world.

kalik is a bahamian beer. and if your pallet isn't familiar with it, then it should be.

as the third member of a four-person sailing family, i have spent a good portion of my fortunate days christopher columbusing by boat around the bahama islands. the good ones. the ones most people haven't been to because they're too busy being the jones family, all the while thinking nassau is cool and exotic.

pack your bags and go to miami. or destin. you won't even need a passport and you'll never know the difference.

it wouldn't be hard for me to justify going back to the kalik speckled island hopping days when my greatest concern was ....... oh wait, there weren't any.

pete yorn says something pretty poignant that comes back to me at weird moments and always reminds me of being in saint louis on the coldest days in the history of days when my friend derek, with bare hand, would wipe the snot from my nose because i was too frozen solid to pry my hands out of my gloves long enough to do anything remotely functional . . . like wipe the snot from my nose.

derek was what you would call a good friend. and saint louis is arguably the strangest city in the world. for about a thousand reasons. and i can't honestly say i would be mad if i had to go back there for any period of time, but i would pray it wasn't during the winter. saint louis in the winter is somewhat biblical. and it's probably what keeps north face in business.

[the arctic circle ain't got shit on it. i don't think. although i've never been to the arctic circle and have no plans to do so (ever), so while i could be completely wrong in my assumption, humor me and go with it.]

st. louis reminds me of pete and pete says this:

it was easy when you were younger.
you could put it back together.
it was there if you ever wanted it . . . . . . .

[i'm leaving the last line out. just because.]

admittedly, this is now way off track because kalik beer and puppies and radiohead and missouri have zero in common. except for the fact that it would be way cooler if you had kalik in your frozen hand while kickin' it in the lou -- while listening to radiohead (or pete yorn) -- while petting a puppy. but chances are you won't be because, as my brother has informed me, kalik has only just recently made it's way stateside. and i tend to think (of course without knowing) that it probably hasn't ventured beyond the lower half of the nation. and perhaps not even that far.

but then again, for all i know the proud owners of the once-was murder capital of everywhere are sitting back by their steel drum fires, pounding them case by case as we speak. with their retro 1987 boom boxes and puppies all over the place. and it would be rad if they were because then they'd probably be a whole lot less focused on what level of trouble they could stir up next.

like random and meaningless drive-by shootings and such.

Location:who cares.

3 comments:

  1. Molly Marler said...
  2. ohhhhhh my Darling girl. I adore this post, and your writing. It makes me feel like I'm with you. As I wish I were. I am so glad I'm human enough to type right now--literally moments after I got off the phone w you on Sunday, I got the sickest I may have ever been, and have been beaten down for three friggin days, of course right before Christmas... BUT! I am thankful. Because I am BETTER, there is STILL time, and I have learned a very valuable lesson: if getting off of the phone w you makes me that sick, I'll never get off of the phone w you again. Srsly. Call me now or I'll throw up.
    (Love you babe.)

  3. marcy said...
  4. i should have mentioned that i love saint louis because it's where i met YOU! dammit. okay so i'm mentioning it here. now. today. late, i know, but it's here. calling you.

  5. Anonymous said...
  6. i can safely say that is my favorite picture of all time, i mean what does it not have honestly. my only regret is i dont know how to make that my profile picture (its austin by the way, i have no idea how to use this blog)

Post a Comment