i can't wait just like you can't wait / until we're out past familiar gates / those seven words shook the life back in / so let's just run 'til we lose our breath.

i played every game on my iPhone and then stared at the ceiling fan for an hour.

Posted: Feb 15, 2011 | Posted by marcy |

i thought i would be a big girl tonight and not take a unisom or an ambien before going to sleep. the unisom has become about as routine and brushing my teeth before bed and i'm starting to think that's not okay. i don't like being dependent on anything, least of all blue gel capsules that are designed to help your body shut down in a way that it should otherwise do on its own.

my mom swiped the bottle of ambien from my stepdad when i was home over christmas, tucked it in my purse, and told me if i needed more to either call her or go source out a new doctor.

[my doctor is this russian woman who wears pointy shoes and scares the piss out of me. a couple years ago, i asked her if she would prescribe something to help me sleep because i sometimes have to keep weird hours or work overnight and sleep during the day or change times zones without a lot of notice . . . she told me "no" while simultaneously cutting me in fifteen pieces with her russian pointy-shoe glare and i never asked her again.]

it's bloody 3:57 in the morning.

i'm supposed to be on a conference call with a director i've not only never met but never spoken to in like . . . . . . . . soon.

he's gonna think i'm a total crackhead.

this is going to be less than awesome.



Location:bed. but not sleeping.

4 comments:

  1. basiltydings said...
  2. Hi Phreak...

    I couldn't sleep last night either...and blogged!

    Get well soon! Please for all of us who adore you...(I only kind of adore you tho)

    C

  3. marcy said...
  4. you adore me a lot. and yes, i know you blogged because i read it from bed at like 2:45am and got really excited and had the urge to call you thinking "HE'S AWAKE TOO" and then saw the timestamp was 2 hours old....sounded like a nice stroll though...despite the peeping tom inclinations. if i ever move to your hood, i'm closing the curtains :)

  5. Angie said...
  6. oh Marcy...I have a solution darling. Have some little kids (boys for sure), then run around after them all day, making sure they don't kill themselves, or each other, wipe some butts, make lots of food, clean 3/4 of all that food off the floor, give baths, books, kisses, hugs, and then, THEN you will fall sound asleep like a little baby at like 10 pm. Trust me.

  7. marcy said...
  8. you left out the part about playing putt-putt in the backyard and pretending to be airplanes in the living room .... i love your kids. if they were mine, i wouldn't want to sleep ever .... would i??

Post a Comment