i can't wait just like you can't wait / until we're out past familiar gates / those seven words shook the life back in / so let's just run 'til we lose our breath.

G-Sonny.

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 | Posted by marcy |



one of the greatest people i will ever ever know has passed on. my beloved Grandma Sonny died on friday at the age of 93. her life was one of much joy, considerable sorrow, and endless amounts of love. she loved me dearly as her own and made my life so much richer and more meaningful just by being in it.

i appropriately named her G-Sonny because she was, in fact, a rockstar. and rockstars sometimes need thug names. to try and eulogize her here would be impossible and somewhat inappropriate because words are not the things i need or even have. what i will say that this woman changed me, she changed who i am, how i love, and how i will forever live my life. to become half the woman she was would be a true blessing.

i love you, G-Sonny. thank you for all that you gave me. i hope you are smoking your brains out in heaven. and thank you for last sunday . . .

1 comments:

  1. Molly Marler said...
  2. Marcy, I'm so sorry, my love. I hate that you are having to go through this, and I pray that God will hold you in the palm of his hand, and give comfort to your heart, during this time.
    It seems your G-Sonny is partying with my Grandpa Dick (yes, his real name), as he passed away on Sunday morning. Lets hope they are drinking some heavenly cocktails and watching the sunset every day, pain-free and full of joy to know our Father face-to-face.
    I love you, Darlin.

Post a Comment