i can't wait just like you can't wait / until we're out past familiar gates / those seven words shook the life back in / so let's just run 'til we lose our breath.

broken down with freezer goods.

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by marcy |

in preparation for the incoming blizzard, i did what every normal person would do and made a bee line for my local Trader Joe's to stock up on the beloved Two Buck Chuck, among other snow storm worthy items such as cheese dip and bagel bites.

unfortunately, i didn't make it all the way home.

cliff's notes version of what went down: i drive a nissan pathfinder that i absolutely adore because it requires NOTHING more than the standard oil change and an occasional bulb change. however, at 112,000 miles, i guess little things are destined the give up on me. insert problem: the slave cylinder gave out (i drive a stick, this happens with every clutch after a while, it's a simple problem, if you want more info, then google it because this is not the point of the story).

essentially, the clutch becomes useless, preventing me from putting the car into gear, therefore preventing the car to operate.

just before a major intersection. at rush hour. in new jersey. on the eve of a major snow storm.

now here is what i would like to know. and i direct this question to the 86 drivers behind me who LAYED on their horns, screamed obscenities at me, probably gave me the finger, and never ONCE asked me if i needed any help (minus the one sweet lady who tried to PUSH my 2-ton SUV up.a.hill. while men of brute strenth wizzed past us, laying on their horns, screaming obscenities at me, and giving me the finger):

i ask them: WHAT EXACTLY WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO DO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment