i can't wait just like you can't wait / until we're out past familiar gates / those seven words shook the life back in / so let's just run 'til we lose our breath.

cap your caps.

Posted: Mar 8, 2010 | Posted by marcy |

if you've read more than one of my posts, you have likely noticed that i write like i talk. which means i may find it necessary and appropriate to capitalize an entire word or maybe even an entire sentence here or there to emphasize a certain point. as we speak, the tone in our voice will fluctuate to accommodate the message we are trying to convey.

such as:

i had a really great day . . . versus . . . i had a REALLY great day.

see the difference?

however, some people have taken this liberty to an extreme and i've really just about had enough of it.

when did it become trendy to send emails and texts in all caps?

are you yelling at me?!?!?!

when i get an email in all caps, i don't see the email. i see this:



God invented the "delete" button for a reason. don't be one of those reasons.

3 comments:

  1. angie said...
  2. HA!
    Well said lady.

  3. Brooke Neville said...
  4. THAT WAS SOOOOO CONVICTING!!!!!!!
    errrr...ummmm....sorry

    that was convicting.
    but so WHAT if I want to YELL

    I MISS THE EVER LIVIN SHIT OUTTA YOU!!!!!!!!
    is that ok?

  5. marcy said...
  6. you, my dear, are allowed to yell at me ALLLLLLL YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's the ree-ree's who don't know me and love me like you do who need not shout! I CAN HEAR THEM!!

    miss your face dammit!

    i mean.........MISS YOUR FACE DAMMITTTTTTT!!!!!!!

    ahhh, i must admit...that felt good!

Post a Comment