i can't wait just like you can't wait / until we're out past familiar gates / those seven words shook the life back in / so let's just run 'til we lose our breath.

i spent an entire evening destroying my brain and now i want it back.

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 | Posted by marcy |

i can probably count on two and a half hands the number of nights i have slept in my own bed since the middle of october.

[if there were such a thing as a half a hand, that is. which i guess there is for people who stick their hands in blenders or tree shredders.]

earlier this week, I took an indoor day and never walked outside of my house. not even once. and i am not the least bit ashamed to admit that because it was incredibly productive. filled with the unpacking and rearranging of my life. and an abundance of cleaning.

productivity ended rather abruptly at about 8 o’clock post meridian when an influx of insanity and stupidity streamed through the time warner airwaves and was forced fed down my throat like amoxicillin is for a 2-year old with an ear infection.

dumb tv serves a purpose, but this was just ridiculous.

by 2:30am, i had found myself watching the rebroadcast of an episode of Hoarders which i had already watched only four and a half hours prior.

everything about this scenario is a problem.

january is typically a very still month for me. it’s quiet in a way that is almost uncomfortably comfortable. the weeks and months leading up to it notoriously rival the adrenalin rush induced while swimming with sharks. and.then.it’s.just.still.

which i can appreciate for about one week.

[we’ve just hit that mark.]

in an attempt to avoid another marathon session of Hoarders, i am feeling the tug of putting myself back in planning mode. planning the next excursion. the next roadtrip, perhaps. (although it could be best if i just wait until someone pays me to do that again. gas prices are pretty high.) the next bout of overstimulation. the next excuse to not be still.

I don’t like being still. which makes me eternally grateful that I don’t earn my paycheck from inside the confines of a cubicle . . . not to knock the cubicle, it’s just not for me.

it would be swell if everyone else had january off.

i need to know some more people like adventure bobby who will jump on planes to random places without a whole lot of question because whims are fun.

and angie: it would be oh-so-stellar if southern comfort drive existed a little closer to the eastern seaboard.

PageNodes1

0 comments:

Post a Comment