i can't wait just like you can't wait / until we're out past familiar gates / those seven words shook the life back in / so let's just run 'til we lose our breath.

against all odds.

Posted: Apr 14, 2010 | Posted by marcy |

so here's a [potentially stupid] thought:

i want to run a marathon.

and for no better reason than i probably shouldn't.

after 15 years, and 3 surgeries, my orthopedic surgeon tells me "ummm, i just don't know what to do..."

uplifting.

i have the knee of a 60-year old and while all 4 surgeons i have consulted tell me i for sure need the knee replaced, i really just don't want to.

when not recovering from a surgery, in physical therapy, or on "exercise rest" by doc's orders, a typical run for me lasts forty-five minutes to an hour. with a stop or two to either vomit, think about vomiting, or wish that i was vomiting so that i could concentrate on something other than how much pain i'm in.

so this is probably not realistic as long as my joint is still made up of bone and cartilage instead of plastic and metal. but one can dream.

plus, if this guy would run along side me, i'm sure i could muster up the ability to last 26 miles and change. it would be worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Unknown said...
  2. it is on my "to do" list of life... just let me know where and when! :-) love!

  3. marcy said...
  4. oh oh ohhhh, let's do it together! you may have to carry me the last 7 miles, but with all that baby lifting, it should be no problem, right??

Post a Comment