i can't wait just like you can't wait / until we're out past familiar gates / those seven words shook the life back in / so let's just run 'til we lose our breath.

rankin means.

Posted: Apr 9, 2010 | Posted by marcy |

it's my middle name, people.

to some of my closest friends, it is my first.

i didn't make it up, contrary to the beliefs of some passersby of late who thought it may have been a pen name. i'm not that creative. in fact, it's my maternal family name dating back way further than i really honestly care to research at the moment. but maybe should, if i ever choose to have one of those handstitched family trees made to hang in my livingroom.

it is also a county located east of Jackson, Mississippi. probably a pretty nice place to live. although i'm not entirely sure. i've only been to Jackson twice.

3 comments:

  1. angie said...
  2. you know, it's like you read my damn mind...I was actually wondering, it might have been yesterday or thurs. if rankin or mckenzie was actually your current last name? I was wondering this, because if you will give it up, I need your address, and well your correct name to put on something in order for it to get to you!! :) Wonderful information all around. The kids have Sat morning shows, I have Sat morning blogs. :)

  3. marcy said...
  4. We are kindred spirits, and yes....I am reading your mind. Does that freak you out at all?? Rankin took on a life of itself over the last couple decades....my parents were going to call me by it, but thought I may get slaughtered on the playground and kids ran around calling me "Rank" ... I would've defended myself :) There are actually people in this world who don't even know my name is Marcy (usually friends of my friends who only call me Rankin), and then there are people who haven't a clue what it means. Sooooo, tah daaaahhhh!!! I'll message you my address - ohhhhhhhhh talk about EXCITING!!!!!!!!!! Mail? Like real live mail?!?!?!?!?!?! Is it Christmas yet??

  5. Brooke Neville said...
  6. LINCOLN IS VERY CLOSE TO YOU

Post a Comment